Sunday, November 23, 2008

Some more paintings


Last week I taught a spontaneous pick up workshop, had a super time, and painted this demo--De De and Cordelia painted awesome works, that had there own feel to them--when they send them on I will post them.


This was with a scarlet underpainting--fun, challenging--especially when one thinks of the darks as bright red...



Love painting this from Nancy's porch, a big rubber tree.




I have one more session for this or a little in-studio editing, cleaning up the back corner, and a tweak here and there.

Michael

3 comments:

Anita said...

I just saw something someone else did with a red underpainting and thought that it would be interesting to try. The beach towel is lovely - those colours glow!

Mary said...

Oh, I really just love the tree with all of the blues! The different colors you put in the grass is an eye treat.:)

Michael Newberry said...

Thanks Mary and Anita.

The red is fun but tricky...in my edits of wall today I changed the shadows of background bushes to magenta!

I like the tree next to the house too...but I did work 3 days (only one hour each day) on it.