Thursday, November 13, 2008

Recent California Plein Air Paintings


This was at the top of Solstice Canyon, oh gosh, really great panoramic views of the mountains around the California coastline. One reason California is famous for the plein air painters is that the weather is virtually always sunny and calm--ideal for painting


This is in the Solstice Canyon, late afternoon, the light was shimmering--here I joined a group of plein air painters, great experience.





I went up hiking in Solstice Canyon, a little north of Malibu, California--great spot to paint, I even came across a neat group of people painting plein air.




This is the back of Nancy's home, she has a kind of beach/house/compound place.

2 comments:

Marian Fortunati said...

Hi Michael... Welcome to SoCal!! I LOVE the one of the back of Nancy's home.
I just stumbled across the blog and enjoyed seeing your work!

Michael Newberry said...

Thanks for the greetings Marian--yes California is justly famous for being beautiful and I am enjoying painting here.